POSTING #: 9436
- Must be a member in good standing with the SRNA.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Nurse Practitioner (RN/NP) brings her/his advanced nursing skills and knowledge to work in collaboration with physicians and other members of the primary health care team to:
- Assess, diagnose and treat clients with common illness and may prescribe some medications and order some x-ray and lab tests.
- Provide health teaching and counselling.
- Perform some procedures such as suturing cuts or syringing ears.
- Do client assessments and physical examinations
- Co-ordinate services monitor and follow clients with stable chronic diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Develop programs to meet individual and community health needs.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position and the responsibilities associated with it, background checks will be performed to verify your qualifications.